Brown Firestarters Safety data sheet:
1. Product and company identification:
Product name: Fire-Up fire starters
Company name: Fire-Up International bv. THE NETHERLANDS
2. Composition/information on ingrédients Fire starters are composed of rough pinewood sawdust and high quality paraffin waxover 60% paraffin EINECS: 265-154-5 CAS: 64742-51-4
3. Hazard identification: Inflammable when heated above 220ºC. No hazards for health when swallowed. No irritation of skin upon touching. IN CASE OF BURNS, COOL THE AFFECTED AREA IMMEDIATELY AND REPEATEDLY WITH WATER. No environmental hazards.
4. First-aid measures: IN ALL CASES OF BURNS CALL IMMEDIATELY FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID.
In case of burns: Cool the affected area immediately and repeatedly with cold water for at least 20 minutes
In case of eye contact: In case of contact with hot product cool the eye immediately and repeatedly with cold water for at least 20 minutes, keeping the eye open if possible. Take the person to a specialized medical center.
In case of ingestion: Normally no special aid required
In case op complaints of any sort please contact doctor.
5. Fire-Fighting measures:
- suitable: Foam, CO2, powder, sand, and possibly water spray.
- not suitable: water jet.
Protection: When heavy concentration of fumes and gases use breathing apparatus.
6. Accidental release measures: No protection needed.
7. Handling and storage: Store at temperatures below 60ºC.Keep away from sources of ignition.
8. Exposure controls/personal protectionNo special protection needed.In case of gas forming as result of heating please use breathing apparatus.Keep out of reach of children.
9. Physical and chemical properties:
Appearance: Brown solid blocks.
Odor: Practically none.
Flash point: from >= 200ºC.
10. Stability and reactivity
Stability: The product is stable under normal temperatures of storage, handling and use.
11. Toxicological information Not classified as harmful if swallowed.
12. Ecological information The product is intrinsically biodegradable. The product is insoluble; It floats on water.The product is considered to present no danger for land-growing plants and aquatic organisms.
13. Disposal considerations
Disposal: Recycling or incineration.
This safety data sheet serves to complete but not to replace the technical product sheets.The information contained herein is given in good faith and is accurate to the best of knowledge at the date indicated here above.It is understood by the user that any use of the product for purposes other than those for which it was designed entails potential risk.The information given herein in no way dispenses the user from knowing and applying all provisions regulating his or her activityThe user bears sole liability for the precautions required when using the product.The regulatory texts indicated herein are intended to aid the user to fulfill his obligations. This list is not to be considered complete and exhaustive.It is the users responsibility to ensure that he is subject to no other obligations than those mentioned.